Just bought a new USB 2 external hard drive and a USB 2 capable

Discussion in 'Asus' started by BeeBop, Oct 18, 2003.

  1. BeeBop

    BeeBop Guest

    Just bought a new USB 2 external hard drive and an A7V8X-MX to
    upgrade my office computer. The CDrom
    that came with the mobo has an "install US2 driver" on it, but when I
    go to install it, I get the following message: "MS Update lists all
    available updates on the web. We suggest you to download WinXP service
    pack 1 because MS drivers are included."

    Well, my office computer is NOT hooked up to the web. I prefer not to
    install Service Pack 1 because I am not hooked to the web (why does MS
    always assume that every computer in the world is web-connected) and
    so I do not have any security issues. I don't want to install all
    kinds of stuff I don't need. The simpler the better IMHO. It's been
    working well now for almost a year and I want it to stay that way.

    All I want are the drivers. Even if I am forced to install Service
    Pack 1, I can't find out how to manually d/l that file on this, my
    home computer so that I can hand-carry it to my office for
    installation there. Everytime I try to download it, it tells my I've
    already installed it.

    The Asus site does not have WinXP USB 2.0 drivers yet.

    Why does everything have to be so complicated? Just the drivers, man,
    that's all I want.

    BeeBop, Oct 18, 2003

  2. BeeBop

    BeeBop Guest

    Whoops! Sorry for confusing subject line. I'm re-posting.

    BeeBop, Oct 18, 2003