just do dual (LCD+CTR) with 8500, having some display problem ( with color )

Discussion in 'ATI' started by fallencat, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. fallencat

    fallencat Guest

    Hello all,

    My old set up is CTR ( SONY G400 19" ) with 8500 ..

    and I just get a new LCD from NEC 1760NX DVI..

    so my new set up would be

    CTR->VGA 1280*1024*90MHz
    LCD->DVI 1280*1024*60MHz

    and one thing I did after that, I noticed my CTR isn't as sharp as before,
    plus the color is not as VIVID as before as well

    color between LCD and CTR are quiet different.. I have tried calibra both.
    just not much luck !

    I am just wondering if there any way to fix it.. and maybe is there any
    program let you adjust the monitor color ( not those Nokia Gray Scale for
    B+W )

    I am more looking for color adjustment now... thx you ;)

    cheers
    fallencat

    fallencat, Dec 15, 2003

  2. fallencat

    NDF Guest

    It may have something to do with the fact you now have your card working
    twice as hard and is beginning to show it's age.

    You may get far better results with a card with a better RAMDAC even one
    with 2 would be worth looking into.

    One way to test this, is to remove the CRT and use only the LCD, if your
    image is improved then you have your answer if not then you have some other
    problem.

    NDF, Dec 15, 2003

  3. fallencat

    Kent_Diego Guest

    You may get far better results with a card with a better RAMDAC even one
    The 8500 (not 8500LE) has two 400 MHz RAMDACS, it was a $300 card and top of
    the line in it's time.

    See if the refresh rate got changed for monitor #1 when DVI was added.

    -Kent

    Kent_Diego, Dec 15, 2003