    anyone know more about this card or why i cannot get it to work?

    i thought if i removed the mx440, and put it in, should recognize
    it....but no....

    nasr, Jun 25, 2004

  2. nasr

    CapFusion Guest

    All Ti series should be fine on P4 MoBo. It support 1.5V.
    Try putting your Ti4600 onto another MoBo and see if work there.
    But what is the problem which you did not state but just indicate
    incompatible or do not work. This two statement are very vague to the
    problem you facing.

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Jun 25, 2004

  3. nasr

    deimos Guest

    I don't know the specifics of that particular card, but it's more likely
    a BIOS incompatibility. Maybe the card's BIOS, but it's far more likely
    the mobo's BIOS or settings.

    Just to make sure you don't have some strange Sidebanding or FW or
    driving value, do a load defaults in your BIOS first with a good card.

    Lastly check with the GF4's manufacturer website and look for a bios
    update, sometimes they have might rarely have chipset incompatibilities
    (due to AGP driving strength, latency request, etc).

    deimos, Jun 25, 2004
  4. What type, and watt power supply are you using. I had bought
    myself a used GF4 Ti4400 a while ago. I was using a generic 250W PSU
    on this same system except I was using a GF3 Ti200, and when I tried
    to use the GF4 Ti4400, all it would do w`as boot to a screen which
    looked like a bad test pattern.
    I then bought a generic 550W PSU, and now it works like a
    dream.

    Larry Roberts, Jun 26, 2004
  5. nasr

    Spencer Guest

    Silly as it might seem but you did not mention that you have un-installed
    440 drivers? Re-put 440 back in and do a proper uninstal of the card.

    Have you?

    Then put 4600 back in and re-boot.

    Spence

    Spencer, Jun 26, 2004