    They sent me a new set and it wouldn't post with those either.

    What gives?

    Thanks in advance,

    Boyd Speerschneider, Apr 16, 2008

  2. Boyd Speerschneider

    Tecknomage Guest

    How did you choose your memory upgrade?

    If you used written specs you MAY have ordered the wrong memory.
    Written specs often do not have all the info you need.

    Memory MUST be an EXACT match to your motherboard.

    Example of full-spec for memory:

    1GB, DDR, PC2700, ECC, Registered
    128Meg x 72, 184 Pin DIMM, DDR333, 2.5v, CL=2.5

    On my previous motherboard I could not use the above because the
    motherboard could not use "Registered" memory.

    Try using 4AllMemory's [Check My System] applet (with your old working
    memory installed of course).

    http://www.4allmemory.com/

    The small _temporary_ applet will check you motherboard and return a
    page showing you an exact matching memory upgrade. Check the entire
    spec detail they give you against the memory upgrade you bought.

    Tecknomage, Apr 17, 2008

  3. Boyd Speerschneider

    Paul Guest

    http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/K7_Master_S.htm

    This is the Crucial list for the board. 1GB PC2700 unbuffered is
    listed as compatible. (A faster memory will run at a slower speed
    without a problem.)

    http://www.crucial.com/store/ListParts.aspx?model=K7 Master-S

    My suspicion would be the OP bought memory from Ebay, and it is
    that "high density" 1GB DDR module stuff. If the original poster would post
    a link to the product purchased, we might get a better idea
    of what the stuff is. I do not recommend buying 1GB DDR from Ebay.
    There is usually a "restricted chipset" list at the bottom of
    the advertisement, and the less of this memory that is put into
    circulation, the better. All that high density stuff does, is serve
    to annoy people.

    The posting at the bottom of this page, for a motherboard that uses
    AMD761, is that a 1GB high density "advance chip 16 x 128*4" was
    only half detected (showed 512MB capacity).

    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...oard_id=1&model=A7M266&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 17, 2008
  4. Boyd Speerschneider

    sohel08

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2008
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    New upgrade style

    I'm trying to upgrade the memory on my girlfriend's computer and ordered x 1 GB PC2100 DIMMs. The max memory for this board is listed as 2 GB.
    Anyway, the first set they sent me won't post, so I sent it back.

    sohel08, Jul 9, 2008