K7ADA v 1.0 -- is it dead?

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Guest, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm just wondering if the following means it's time I got a new motherboard. Actually, it's my
    boyfriend's pc, but he's at work and asked me to look at it for him. Anyway, he tried to use
    his pc this morning, but it had frozen up over the night. He shut it off, and tried to turn it back
    on. Unfortunately, it won't boot now. It's been working great for a long time now, and hasn't
    frozen like that in months. Now, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting everything with no luck.
    I cleared the BIOS and it didn't work. When the power is turned on, everything powers up,
    except the little fan connected to sysfan1 for some reason. Also, and this I find very strange...
    the keyboard seems to be staying on even after the pc is turned off and unplugged. That is,
    the numlock light won't go off unless the keyboard is unplugged from the back of the computer.

Ok, that's about the whole thing I think. So... is it definitely th motherboard or could it be something
    else? Any help with this would be very greatly appreciated :)

Guest, Jun 23, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. Guest

John Guest

what is the little fan connected to sysfan1 ? the cpu fan or northbridge
    fan ? or something else ? if the cpu fan then there is your answer, the cpu
    may have overheated and been damaged ~

motherboard or could it be something

John, Jun 24, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question