K7D Master and unbuffered DDR RAM

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Parish, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. Parish

    Parish Guest

    Can anyone confirm if the K7D Master can use unbuffered RAM? The spec
    page on MSI's website,
    <http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=344>
    _implies_ that it only supports registered ECC memory, and Crucial's
    (UK) website supports this as it only lists registered memory for the
    K7D. *But* in the manual
    <http://download.msi.com.tw/support/mnu_exe/E6501v1.0.exe> it says, on
    page 2-7,

    "Note: Registered DIMMs can be placed into DDR1~4 but unbuffered DIMMs
    can be placed into DDR1~2 only."

    which suggests that it can use unbuffered RAM, but only two DIMMs (like
    several other dual Athlon mobos).

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Parish

    Parish, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Parish

    Terje Vagle Guest

    Hi,

    I'm running the K7D Master-l with one 256 mb unbuffered PC2700 in slot one.

    Runs fine.

    Terje Vagle, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Parish

    Parish Guest