K7N2 Delta ILSR Booting problem

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Graham Wakley, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Hi everyone,

    Bit of a weird one this...

    I recently notice that my machine takes AGES to boot into XP.

    It gets through the POST, shows the normal BIOS stuff, then Verifying
    DMI data (or similar)

    Then the screen goes black for about 2 minutes, then it boots into XP

    Now...

    If I put a floopy in the drive (non system disc) and boot off that, I
    get 'Non System Disk Press Any Key' - I take the disc out, press a
    key, and it boots instantly.

    I'm using a 2Ghz Athlon XP with 512 2700 DDR with a 500 Wat PSU,
    Geforce 4 4400.

    I've got Two drives, one on IDE-1 (40Gig Maxtor)

    and the other (60 Gig Maxtor) is on IDE-3

    It works absoultely fine, but this problem is really starting to annoy
    me.

    Anyone got any ideas.

    Graham Wakley, Sep 4, 2003