    and everything seems OK in the device manager. What should I be looking for?

    Thanks for any help

    Alan

    Alan, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Alan

    LSASr Guest

    I'm pretty sure you got the USB wired wrong. The only time the plug is
    active is when something is plugged in that's why everything is OK until you
    try to use it. Check you board wiring schematic and move the front port
    plug wires around to match it.

    LSASr

    LSASr, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Ok, I will try that, I thought I had followed it to the letter, but I cn
    make mistakes so I will check.
    Thank you

    Alan

    Alan, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Alan

    Cannonfodder Guest

    I have a similar problem, when I plug in my USB 2.0 memory stick it is not
    recognised. If I plug in my MP3 player (USB 1.1) it's recognised straight
    away.
    Is it the socket in the case that's at fault? I thought USB 1 + 2 ports were
    the same.

    Steve

    ---
    Outgoing mail is free from nasty things that can make your computer go all
    wibbly.

    Cannonfodder, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Alan

    LSASr Guest

    Have you installed the latest via driver and the USB 2.0 support drivers?

    Check to see if USB mass storage devices are present in the device manager
    and active.

    Does the device work in the back side USB ports. Both 1.1 and 2.0. If it
    does you did not wire the front port properly.

    LSASr

    LSASr, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Alan

    Chris 159 Guest

    are you using xp ? if so have you installed service pack 1 ? usb 2 wont work
    without sp1

    Chris 159, Dec 27, 2003
  7. Alan

    Cannonfodder Guest

    Yus, SP1 installed, works fine in rear port. Says USB 2 device has been
    installed.

    My usb 1.1 works in the front ports, only my usb 2 memory stick is listed as
    unrecognised.

    Wired up as...

    +v
    -data
    +data
    ground

    Must be a difference in the case ports vs. motherboard ports.

    Steve

    ---

    Cannonfodder, Dec 29, 2003
  8. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Ok, I have checked and with the USB connectors for the Thermaltake case you
    have two sockets of 5pins in a row each, all the wires go to the correct
    pins, but the Thermal take connectors have 2 ground wires on each connector,
    one goes directly to the ground pins, the other on the 1st connector goes
    over the missing key pin, so no problem there, but theother ground on the
    2nd connector goes to the USBOC pin on the motherboard, what is this short
    for? Is this the problem?
    Thanks for anymore help

    Alan

    Alan, Jan 5, 2004
  9. Alan

    mike Guest

    The 2- Top USB connectors are defective- not compatable with USB-2.0
    Will only work with USB-1.1 devices.
    I have 3-other people with the same problem with this case.
    Mike

    mike, Jan 22, 2004
  11. Alan

    Ed. Guest

    I have a LianLi case with two front USB ports. When I tried to plug in the
    cases wires to the USB2.0 header on this mother board, it wouldn't work and
    messed up the other ports.

    I had to not connect one the two ground wires. The lighter colored black
    wire from the case I didn't use. Now all the USB ports work just fine.

    Previously I had a Giga-byte K7VXP board. When I plugged the cases wires for
    the front USB into the header on the mother board, it worked fine. But, the
    two boards have a different wiring setup as I explained above.

    Ed.

    Ed., Jan 22, 2004
  12. Alan

    mike Guest

    Reply:

    Alan, I have the same problem with this Thermalake case.
    The 2-Top USB connectors are defective. Not compatable with
    USB-2.0
    Will only work with USB-1.1 devices.
    I have 3-other people with the same problem with this case.
    I sent a email to Thermalake, They told it I should to install Xp
    upgrad sp-1 I already have that. It sounds like a hardware problem.
    since other people hare having the same problem
    Mike

    mike, Jan 23, 2004
  13. Alan

    Alan Guest

    I have now solved it, because it wouldn't recognise USB 1.1, by cutting the
    looped ground wire on the Thermaltake plugs, this answer has been written in
    couple of forums I found, it works for 1.1 I don't have a 2.0 device yet so
    I don't know about compatibility issues with that yet.

    Alan

    Alan, Jan 24, 2004