    setting to change?
    TIA,
    Bob

    Bob, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Bob

    LeeB18509 Guest

    You don't really want to run your memory out of sync with the CPU, this will
    actually DECREASE performance. The PCI/AGP bus is locked and won't increase
    unless you change it. You should be able to run 200x11 at 1.70vcore. Some
    more system specs might help. You've read the manual right?

    LeeB18509, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Thanks for the reply Lee...
    I've been going through the manual for a couple of days now.
    Tried 1.7V with a 10.5 mult @ 200 Mhz and still get dumped from the
    benchmark. I was just reading on Google about running the memory out of sync
    and no I don't want that. I've tried overclocking the fsb to 170 Mhz and it
    runs fine at that. But I'd rather take advantage of the 400 Mhz memory speed
    as long as I've got it.
    I've got:
    GeForce 3, Soundblaster Live 5.1, Maxtor 40GB 7200 rpm hard drive, creative
    52X cdrom drive, 2 Linksys 10/100 ethernet cards.
    Did I miss anything?
    Thanks,
    Bob

    Bob, Jul 16, 2003
  4. Bob

    LeeB18509 Guest

    I and others have actually had problems running the 10x and 10.5x
    multipliers with a 2400 on this board. But the 11x works fine, it's a weird
    glitch. 200x10.5 isn't even up to the default speed of the 2800? So it's
    probably not the CPU. Did you try running the memory in single channel
    mode. Both sticks in the same colored slots? You should be able to run it
    the way you want with what you have. Try the 11x multiplier...HTH...

    Lee

    LeeB18509, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Tried 200 X 11.0 and same thing..boots fine..20 seconds into the second test
    in 3D Mark it drops out to the desktop. I'd like to see if it's the
    memory..( haven't tried single channel mode though) .what settings do I use
    to set the memory to 400 and leave the CPU at the stock 166 FSB?
    Thanks,
    Bob

    Bob, Jul 17, 2003
  6. Bob

    LeeB18509 Guest

    Sorry to hear that. Setting everything to "Auto" should run the cpu at 166
    and the memory at 400. You can test your memory with this
    http://www.memtest86.com/

    Good luck...

    LeeB18509, Jul 17, 2003
  7. Bob

    dsgdag Guest

    If you want 166mhz fsb (333) with 200mhz (400ddr) bus just set the "fsb
    clock" to 166 in BIOS and the "fsb/dram ratio" to AUTO. If you have 400ddr
    modules then it will set the memory bus to 200mhz (400ddr).

    The cruel fact is that your system will be faster with fsb and memory bus
    syncronized at 166mhz. Set the "fsb/dram ratio" to 1:1 and tune the memory
    timings down. There is no advantage to take from the faster memory modules.

    dsgdag, Jul 17, 2003
  8. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Almost forgot...CPU voltage is 1.65v. Idle temp is 38C ...system temp is
    29C. Memory is running 2-3-3.
    Bob

    Bob, Jul 18, 2003
  9. Bob

    LeeB18509 Guest

    Good to hear, you might even be able to tighten up those memory timings.
    2.0-2-2-6?

    LeeB18509, Jul 18, 2003
  10. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I'm going to run it like this for a while...I'll get bored sooner or later
    and tweak some more. Next thing to get upgraded is going to be my GForce
    3...it's the weak link now.
    Thanks again,
    Bob

    Bob, Jul 19, 2003