    no luck. Also added Lastdrive=z to config.sys, still no change. Has anyone come
    across this problem? Thanks,
    Jim

    Jim Everett, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Jim Everett

    Shep© Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:20:54 -0500 Singing Yo-Ho-Ho and a Merry KMA
    Check all cables and jumpers.
    Check all BIOS settings.
    Boot to Safemode.
    Remove ALL Device Manager entries for the cdroms and re-boot.
    From a Win98 boot floppy issue the command
    fdisk /mbr
    to reset the Master Boot Record.
    If you have TweakUI installed stop hiding any drives letters :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de

    Shep©, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Jim Everett

    Mr. Slow Guest

    Check device manager. Under CDROMs are any drive letters reserved? If you
    want your hard drives to be C: and D: then your CDROMS should be E: and F:.
    You can stipulate these drive letters in device manager. Sorry, can't see
    lastdrive=z helping at all. No need for anything in most config.sys or
    autoexec.bat files unless you are running real legacy games.

    Mr. Slow, Dec 12, 2003