    eventually upgrade

    thx
    Andy

    AndyL, Jul 19, 2003

  2. AndyL

    Mike Mastro Guest

    You can "generally" use higher speed memory in slower speed boards. As long
    as the memory type is the same, that is.

    Mike Mastro, Jul 19, 2003

  3. AndyL

    FrankG Guest

    It appears many are running pc2700 with no problems.
    Any notable change after going to 512mb Kyle?

    Frank

    I have a pc2100 Crucial and a pc2700 Crucial stick in my older k7s5a.
    Both are 256 meg.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    FrankG, Jul 19, 2003
  4. AndyL

    Kyle Brant Guest

    The memory test at boot up is a bit slower, hehe. Other than that, no
    difference on a win2k machine.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle
    tired of spam, no email address
    | It appears many are running pc2700 with no problems.
    | Any notable change after going to 512mb Kyle?
    |
    | Frank
    |
    | I have a pc2100 Crucial and a pc2700 Crucial stick in my older
    k7s5a.
    | Both are 256 meg.
    |
    | --
    | Best regards,
    | Kyle
    | tired of spam, no email address
    | | | As above question, I have a K7S5A with a bios that came with the
    | board,
    | | around early 2002 I think, I don't have an overclock bios and
    don't
    | really
    | | want one
    | |
    | | if it doesn't support it as per ECS website, will it "downgrade"
    and
    | run at
    | | PC2100 (266MHz) happily? then I can take it over to my next M/B
    when
    | | eventually upgrade
    | |
    | | thx
    | | Andy
    | |
    | |

    Kyle Brant, Jul 20, 2003
  5. AndyL

    Kyle Brant Guest

    You will see no speed increase, the memory CAN run faster, but your
    board does not run the memory at its full rated speed. You might try
    using cl=2/ultra/6/3 for your memory settings and gain a marginal
    increase in memory bandwidth. These are the settings I use with my
    Crucial sticks.

    Kyle Brant, Jul 21, 2003
  6. AndyL

    AndyL Guest

    what I meant was will I see an increase from my old SDRAM at 133MHz compared
    to when I fit my new DDR 2700 (although it will run at 2100)

    Andy

    AndyL, Jul 21, 2003
  7. AndyL

    FrankG Guest

    FrankG, Jul 22, 2003
  8. AndyL

    Erick Ondich Guest

    I have to say the only thing that i really noticed when i switched to
    DDR that actually felt faster was acrobat reader. Scrolling through
    pages was sluggish before the upgrade. Other then that, it didn't
    make much of a difference. I'm running kingston 2700 now by the way.

    Erick Ondich, Jul 22, 2003