    faster memory modules to work then it will be less of a blow for future
    upgrades.

    Thanks in advance.

    Cuzman, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Your memory should work, but there are sadly no guarantees. Get the 333
    mhz or 400 mhz memory, for future upgrading, because the pro will likely
    have no problem with the faster memory. Actually, the pro does support
    333 mhz memory, or at least 333 mhz CPU's. I have an older 3.1 K7S5A and
    it has no problem with the 333 mhz (PC2700) memory, although it is
    downclocked at 266 mhz.

    Cuzman () wrote:
    : I'm going to maximize the memory on my K7S5A Pro. I'm planning to put 2
    : identical 512MB DDR modules in, and I have a couple of queries.

    : Firstly, I am unsure as to whether the board will accept ECC DDR-RAM
    : modules.

    : Secondly, I'm wondering what the highest speed of memory will work in it.
    : The K7S5A Pro is supposed to support DDR200 and DDR266, but if I can get

    Brian Campbell, Dec 19, 2003