    never resolved the individuals problem.

    If anyone can shed any light on the problem, it would be great.

    thanks.

    holocron, Feb 11, 2004

  2. holocron

    Tod Guest

    Double check every setting on the SCSI controller.
    Make sure termination is correct.
    Could the SCSI controller be trying to scan for devices that are not there.
    Check all setting in the motherboard bios.

    Tod, Feb 11, 2004

  3. holocron

    sdlomi2 Guest

    Just talking from hearsay in these ng's. If there is a nic installed
    and operating and there is no network involved, the system could be hunting
    for a non-existent network. Solution, I think, has been to disable the nic
    in the system.
    HTH & good luck. sdlomi

    sdlomi2, Feb 19, 2004
  4. holocron

    Smoker Guest

    You can remove your NIC from the list in the Network settings but down the
    road you may get problems and have to go through reinstalling things. Look
    in the properties for your card and see if there any IP numbers under that
    tab. If not that's probably your holdup. You can specify numbers to fix the
    stall. I use 192.168.255.0 and 255.255.255.0

    Smoker, Feb 23, 2004