    something else the computer won't boot and I have to clear the CMOS.
    The BIOS display at boot up only shows 1150Mhz, shouldn't it be
    1533Mhz?

    Ariel, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Ariel

    Mike G Guest

    The XP1800+ is meant to run on a 133MHz FSB, with a fixed multiplier
    of 11.5 (giving a clock speed of 1533MHz). It follows that if you run
    it on a 100MHz FSB, the clock speed will only be 1150MHz.

    Some of the overclocking BIOSes - HoneyX, etc - allow you to set
    133/100 MHz (i.e. 133MHz FSB, 100MHz RAM), but this may be unreliable
    - it's always best to run the RAM at the same speed as the CPU.

    Ideally you should upgrade the RAM to something that's happy on a
    133MHz bus - preferably PC2100 or faster DDR. Then, you should be able
    to use the CPU at its proper speed without problems.

    Mike G, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Ariel

    Salokyn Guest

    right, you can't have a FSB faster than the RAM

    CPU / RAM
    100 100
    100 133
    133 133

    Salokyn, Sep 19, 2003
  4. Ariel

    Buffalo Guest

    I believe even the regular ECS BIOS gives you that option. Not sure if it
    would work well though.

    Buffalo, Sep 19, 2003
  5. Ariel

    Ariel Guest

    Thanks for the info & help, I appreciate it!

    Ariel, Sep 20, 2003