K7S5A problem changing clock speed with speedfan

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Charlez, Jan 10, 2004.

  1. Charlez

    Charlez Guest

    I want to use the adaptive clock speed feature of speedfan "Automatic clock
    control feature" but every time that I change the system clock using
    speedfan, the computer freezes!

    Basically, I want to be able to underclock the system when I am not using it
    much. I would like to force the system to go at the setting: CPU 66,7 PCI
    33,3 and SDRAM 66.7 that would run a 766.7 MHZ.
    The system will run reliably at a slightly overclocked settings 1900+ and
    2000+. I can choose these settings with the HoneyX bios and I used to
    choose them with speedfan but it doesn't work anymore

    Anybody had experience with the software clock control?

    Charles Leblanc

    Hardware:
    K7S5A
    Honey X bios
    512MB SDRAM PC133
    XP1800+

    Software Win2K SP4
    Speedfan 4.09
    Clock defaulkted by Speedfan ICS 9248(ABC)F-199
    The read clock feature works but the set clock doesn't work anymore.

    Charlez, Jan 10, 2004