    Anyway, maybe someone can reuse the components. You can pick it up at my
    place. I'm located in Montreal, Canada in the West Island (Beaconsfield).

    I will not ship this, not worth the hassle.

    Bunch Of Fun, Nov 8, 2006

  2. Bunch Of Fun

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "Bunch Of Fun" <> wrote in message
    news:a6108$45514e6d$cf702f08$...
    > My second K7S5A motherboard recently died (the first one was my fault).
    >
    > It's been a great ride, 5 years running 24/7. Now I've got AMD X2 dual
    > core!
    >
    > Anyway, maybe someone can reuse the components. You can pick it up at my
    > place. I'm located in Montreal, Canada in the West Island (Beaconsfield).
    >
    > I will not ship this, not worth the hassle.

    Curious: assuming you checked it regularly, how long could you keep its
    CMOS setting at 133fsb? I built a # of boxes w/that mobo, & all would fall
    from 133 back to 100, regardless of board-version--and I feel sure I used
    them all. Even tried the Pro-version AND the K7S6A both of which did the
    same. They all would hold for only a couple of weeks, days, or hours.
    BTW: nice gesture your giving it away. I've accepted many such gifts
    and made quite a few built-from-leftovers boxes. [Be sure and give him the
    cpu, also, so he can verify the board's being bad!?!]
    Have a nice holiday season, kinda like Merry Christmas! sam

    sdlomi2, Dec 1, 2006