    anyone point me to a suitable version to fix this problem?
    TIA for any help.
    Paul

    Paul, Jul 18, 2006

  2. Paul

    Eric Wolfe Guest

    Something might have changed since last I researched this but only the Pro
    version will see drive larger than 137GB. I think it's a HW limitation of
    the IDE controller, not just the BIOS, but I can't remember for sure. The
    good news is that it's easily fixed with a $10 IDE ATA133 paddle card from
    NewEgg. I've used the NewEgg house brand ('Koutek' and of late, 'Best')
    boards as well as Promise 133 controllers (much more expensive) without
    issue. A fringe benefit is that all IDE devices can be made masters so
    there aren't any bizarre jumper conflicts.

    Eric

    Eric Wolfe, Jul 19, 2006