    I purchased a 80GB SATA HD and a SATA controller card for my PC. I can
    see the SATA HD as drive D in WinXP, but if I try to make it my boot
    disk the system doesn't see the HD.

    bassplyr1964, Apr 10, 2005

  2. The only way you can make a SATA a boot disk is if you can get the driver
    for it to load before anything else..... or if your mobo supports booting
    from RAID, which, the K7S5A does not, I dont believe.

    {SFU}Jackyl

    John Edmister, Apr 16, 2005

  3. bassplyr1964

    bassplyr1964 Guest

    OK here is the twist to the plot. If I leave my WinXP CD in the drive
    it will boot up. When it checks my SATA drive it says no boot record
    found. It sees the Win XP CD, I don't press enter to boot CD and then
    low and behold XP comes up. So I must be missing some files somewhere
    :?:

    bassplyr1964, Apr 28, 2005
  4. bassplyr1964

    BigDog Guest

    Try changing the boot drive to boot from scsi in the bios.

    BigDog, Aug 30, 2005