    any multiplier changes at all on mine and no post.

    Anyone got any idea as to why this is - does that little white sticker mean
    so much?

    Hippy Paul, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Hippy Paul

    Ernst Guest

    Would your friend let you try swapping the memory to see if that makes
    the difference? If things are still the same at least you would know
    it's your board.

    I don't know if it's true, but I was told that the little white stickers
    identify which factory your board was built in. ECS had about 7 or 8
    factories making these boards. It's supposedly so they can track the
    quality control of each plant when boards are RMA'd. I don't know why
    they wouldn't just do that by the serial number, but that's the rumour.

    Ernst

    Ernst, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Hippy Paul

    eric ve Guest

    Hi,
    I've got the same MB but i can't find the version Nr.
    Where is yours printed?
    Eric

    eric ve, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Hippy Paul

    franc4

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    can't find ver

    eric ve

    My version # is located on the left edge...looking at the MB with the Power supply at upper left corner of the box. It runs perpendicular to the PCI slots, right next to the bottom left mounting screw (in very small print)
    Good luck....it took me a while

    "Now maybe you can help me. I fried my processor (cooling fan died and I didn't know it) I want to replace it, but all the specs confuse me (not real computer savy) I copied this from the on line manual:

    IInttrroducttiion
    Congratulations on purchasing the K7S5A mainboard. This mainboard has a
    Socket-A processor socket for the type of AMD K7 processors. You can install
    any one of these processors on the mainboard. The mainboard supports
    front-side bus speeds of 200/266MHz.
    This mainboard uses the SiS 735 chipset which supports a 4X AGP slot for
    highly graphics display, DDR interface and Ultra DMA 33/66/100 function,
    provides outstanding high system performance under all types of system operations.
    The mainboard has a built-in AC97 Codec, provides an AMR (Audio
    Modem Riser) slot to support Audio and Modem application, and has a built-in
    10BaseT/100BaseTX Network Interface. In addition, the mainboard has an
    extended set of ATX I/O Ports including PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports, two
    USB ports, a parallel port, and two serial ports. Two extra USB ports can be
    added using the Extended USB Module that connects to the mainboard.
    This mainboard has all the features you need to develop a powerful multim edia
    workstation. The board is ATX size and has power connectors for an ATX
    power supply."
    ....but, I still don't know what kind of proceesor to buy.
    Any suggestions?....please?

    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
    franc4, Oct 22, 2008