    the xp2200+ is original from AMD w/ the original fan that AMD provides
    too...
    why is that?

    Volvo, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Volvo

    dormouse Guest

    I'm running an XP 2200+ on Windows XP on a K7SEM version 1 board.
    I bought the board for £5 at a PC fair intending to make a budget
    system for a friend. I tested it with a 900 Duron and much to my
    surprise it worked.
    I then fitted the 2200 CPU, but untiI I updated the bios to version
    12b and set the frequency to 133 in the bios it was reporting "unknown
    processor" running at 1.35 GHz.
    Now it correctly reports XP 2200 running at 1.8 GHz and the PC runs
    O.K.
    May be worth trying different memory?
    DM

    dormouse, Oct 23, 2004

  3. Volvo

    Volvo Guest

    I think it's the power supply problem.
    here's what I did..

    my power supply is 300w, at least that's what the seller told me..
    I just unplugged the case fan ... which I suppose uses up quite abit of
    electric...
    now when heavily used, (cpu usage about 40%+) the case temperature about
    43c and cpu temperature about 42c.
    compare to before, 38c and 37c.. so I guess the case fan cools down the
    temperature by about 5c.
    but i'm not doing overclocking anyways... so 42c is okay for me.

    so far it's fine for me.. so i believe it's gotta do w/ power supply.

    Volvo, Oct 23, 2004