K7SOM+ 5.2a max video resolution 1280x720?

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Doug, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. Doug

    Doug Guest

    I'm trying out a K7SOM+ 1400+ motherboard and cpu, running it on XP
    Pro.

    Everything is working fine except for the video settings. The drivers
    that were installed from the CD limited the highest resolution to
    1024x768.

    I downloaded and installed an SiS video driver, version 2.09L 10/14/02
    from the ECS US web site. The driver file was 650_209l_w2kxp, the
    latest files in the zip file were dated Oct 1, 2002. The Properties
    section of XP shows the Bios as being ver 1.05.00.

    I downloaded the drivers from here:
    http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_vga.html#sis650740

    The highest setting I can get to is 1280x720x32 bits, which results in
    everything being squished horizontally. I'm running the system on a
    Viewsonic P815 20" monitor, which I've used at 1280x1024 on other
    systems. I downloaded and applied the Viewsonic P815 XP driver. I've
    tried setting the "shared memory" in the BIOS at 16M, 32M and 64M,
    with no difference.

    Does anyone have any experience with the K7SOM+ video drivers and
    setings and have achieved higher resolutions?

    Thanks in advance.

    Doug, Aug 4, 2004