    So my question is: What advantage is there to performing a bios update on
    this board? Is there any reason to do so if everything is running great?

    Thanks.

    NewsGroupie, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Many of the bios updates are for supporting newer CPU's and that's not
    an issue here (ECS made sure of that!) so if everything's working
    leave it alone.

    HTH
    Jonathan

    Replace "nospam" with "telis" to reply.

    Jonathan Eckman, Jan 1, 2004

  3. NewsGroupie

    William Park Guest

    Indeed. Also, they use cheap parts, and you don't know how many
    read/write cycle their EPROM can handle.

    William Park, Jan 1, 2004