    What is the fastest processor I could put on this board?

    Thanks,

    J. Whetzel

    NewsGroupie, Dec 20, 2003

  2. NewsGroupie

    NewsGroupie Guest

    Nevermind, the damn chip is soldered into the board! !$#%# Gotta love
    corporate america (and Japan and China and wherever else).

    NewsGroupie, Dec 21, 2003

  3. NewsGroupie

    anon Guest

    Not bad though considering you got the whole shebang for about $80/85.

    Merry Christmas. M. 31220. 10:19pm ET

    anon, Dec 21, 2003
  4. NewsGroupie

    William Park Guest

    I'm thinking about noise-less fan-less computer...
    - Is CPU fan noisy? Can you put different fan on it?
    - How hot does CPU run? Is it "cool" to touch?

    What is your general impression about the motherboards' stability?

    William Park, Dec 21, 2003
  5. NewsGroupie

    NewsGroupie Guest

    That you CAN do, but the stock fan is fairly quiet *except* when the room
    gets cold. Upon starting the system the fan seems to groan with discontent
    until it's been running for a minute or two (bearings maybe?). Overall, it's
    a very quiet system.
    The chip is an AMD Duron 1400+ Pro (whatever the Pro means). This chip/board
    definately runs hotter than my other system which is a Celeron 733 on a
    Biostar board. It seems AMD chips generally run hotter than Intel chips and
    it shows in the difference in fan sizes. The Duron fan is HUGE while the
    celeron fan is quite a bit smaller and seems to move less air.
    Very stable but too upgradable and you can't tinker with overclocking
    (again, that's as far as I know).

    NewsGroupie, Dec 22, 2003