  1. Can this motherboard drive an Athlon XP2400+ - if so would I need to upgrade
    the BIOS ? I'm currently using bios version 3.7 which seems to be the
    latest version on the MSI site.

    David Atkinson, Apr 17, 2004

  2. You already have the right BIOS version. But you need the right model and
    revision of the board and a modification to the board.

    If your motherboard is a K7T266 Pro2-RU Rev. 2, then for this motherboard to
    be able to run 266MHz FSB Thoroughbred core CPU's, you will also need to
    remove the very small surface mount capacitor C37.

    Check out the following thread on MSI's forum about the modification and
    success or failure that others have had with this modification:

    http://forum.msi.com.tw/thread.php?threadid=5723&boardid=13&styleid=1

    Don't use the beta BIOS mentioned in the thread, as it doesn't support
    48-bit LBA HDD's.

    Homer J. Simpson, Apr 17, 2004

  3. Rolf Egil Sølvik, Apr 17, 2004