K7T PRO 266 with AMD XP 2200+ - Please Help, I'm desparate!!

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Michael, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Friends,

    Please help me with following issue, I am without my computer at the
    moment and *desperately* need it running again, so I can finish my
    work!!

    I have a MSI K7T Pro 266 Mainboard; I thought it would be no problem
    to run it with an AMD XP 2200+ CPU at a rate of the XP 2100+
    equivalent, but that does not seem to be the case.

    I installed the 2200+ processor (after previously running the XP 1400+
    CPU) and all I got with the Mainboard was 4 red lights. It did not
    even POST!

    So I thought at least, my old processor should work, but with this
    one, the same thing happened: no POST and 4 red lights.

    Next thing I did was clear the CMOS, so the fsb etc. settings would
    reset. Nothing happened.

    I even bought a new CPU, another XP 2200+.

    Nothing is working now, and I am really at the end with my nerves.

    Is there anybody out there who can give me a tip, what to do? I would
    be happy, if my 1400+ ran. And I do not want to buy another
    Motherboard!

    Thanks, Michael

    Michael, Dec 4, 2003

  2. If you have a Thoroughbred core CPU, and it's a sure bet that you do, it's
    not going to work.

    You need a Palomino core CPU, which is getting more difficult to obtain,
    which AMD doesn't make anymore and hasn't made for awhile now.

    If you had the K7T266 Pro2 series board, with the KT266A chipset, you could
    make the C37 modification that would then allow the board to run 266MHz FSB
    Thoroughbred core CPU's.

    Homer J Simpson, Dec 5, 2003