K7T Turbo ver 3 NO Video signal !!

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Martzp, Oct 12, 2006.

  1. Martzp

    Martzp

    Location:
    Chicago
    I have been using an AMD 1 GH, MSI K7T Turbo ver 3 Mother board, Integrated Sound, with a generic Computer. This computer has No Integrated Video.
    I have been using this computer with the following accesories :
    Sony DVD +- R +_RW recorder.
    nVidia FX 250 graphics card
    network card
    USB hub card
    Western Digital (100 GB) Hard Drive
    3 DIMMs (256, 256, 512) Total 1 GB RAM memory.
    for almost three years.

    Recently I had a little problem with the computer freezing, the monitor image just remaining still. I didn't get any answer from the machine. I can't see anything on the monitor. The monitor works with another computer.

    I just checked the video card and the hard drive with another computer. They both work.
    When I turn the computer on, It seems to be booting up properly, the leds(lights) are on, the cpu fan, power supply fan and the 2 other fans are working.

    I DO NOT get any Video signal out of the computer. My monitor remains blank (dark), but the video card and the monitor work with another computer.

    I would really like to ask for your help. Do you think is something simple that can be fixed in the motherboard or should I buy a new motherboard ??

    Thanks in advance for your help !!!

    Martzp, Oct 12, 2006
  2. Martzp

    Martzp

    Location:
    Chicago
    Regards

    Thanks in advance for all of you who have read this post.

    I have lo let you know that after a long while of checking the notherboard and having to deal with the same condtitions over and over, I decided to push down slightly the cpu fan and Voila ! the computer started working again !

    I am not sure if it was the cpu or the motherboard or both. I have a little problem now, when I turn my switcher on, the computer turns on immediately, the turn off switch in front of the computer Doesn't respond anymore.

    And still freezes once in a while, I am working and sometimes the image on the monitor just freezes, I have tu turn it off and then back on.

    So, I don't really know if it's the cpu or the motherboard, any advice ??? Thanks in advance.

    Martzp, Oct 12, 2006