    What could be the problem, any ideas greatfully received. Using a XP1800+
    with 256 Mb PC2100 RAM.

    Jezza

    Jeremy Curran, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Jeremy Curran

    Miles Guest

    Have you set the bios back to defaults? If not, reset using the jumper
    and then load defaults in bios. That might tell you if you had
    something set wrong in the bios.

    Miles, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Yes, I tried resetting the BIOS exactly for that reason but to no avail, I
    actually wonder whether it is a problem with the processor or the memory -
    memory more likely I think, I might try swapping another stick in there. The
    PC used to work fine at 133, and one day it just failed at the OS load.

    Jezza

    Jeremy Curran, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Changing the memory didn't solve the problem !!

    Jezza

    Jeremy Curran, Nov 16, 2003
  5. Jeremy Curran

    Todd Guest

    I had the same thing happen on a MSI K7T266 Pro2-A Ver 1.0 with a
    xp1600. When I set the FSB in bios to anything higher then 114 the pc
    would not reboot until I reset the bios. So after weeks of trying
    different things parts (power supply 450w, memory, video card, new
    heat sink @ fan) I even updated my bios but nothing worked. So last
    week I called MSI they told me that alot of these mb are having the
    same problem and to send it back 2 them and they would fix it.

    Todd, Nov 24, 2003
  6. Jeremy Curran

    Philip Lee Guest

    I have the version 2.0 and running a xp1800+ rock solid. I even oc to 1633
    with no problem.

    Philip

    Philip Lee, Nov 28, 2003