K7T266 Pro version 1.0 and athlon XP processors

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Geoff, Aug 2, 2004.

  1. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Hi,
    According to msi's website, specifically;
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=
    27

    This motherboard supports athlon processors up to XP2000. I have just
    installed an athlon XP1800
    and D-LED is giving me four red leds. The machine boots/runs fine when
    fitted with a 750MHz Duron.
    I have updated the bios to version 1.9 but still no dice. Does/should this
    version of this board (1.0 not 1.0A)
    run an athlon XP? The processor is OK, I reinstalled it in its existing
    machine to post this message. TIA

    Geoff

    300W codegen PSU
    512MB crucial memory as two 256MB modules slot 1+2 ( compatible with the
    board according to http://www.crucial.com )
    Athlon XP1800 (hopefully!)
    2 X 40GB seagate barracudas.

    Geoff, Aug 2, 2004

  2. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Sorry to follow up my own post. Found the answer. This motherboard supports
    Athlon XP palomino processors only. Mine is a
    thoroughbred............typical.

    Geoff, Aug 2, 2004

  3. Geoff

    Simon Howson Guest

    Yeah I have the Pro 2 RU version of the board, so only a few revisions later
    really, and I am running an XP 2100+ Palomino version. Apparently it is as
    fast as the board can go... My next step will be a MB upgrade... Athlon 64
    of some sort i guess... Unless I can afford those Dual Opterons ;-)

    Simon Howson

    Simon Howson, Aug 4, 2004