    this correct or can i put a larger one on?

    Thank

    Barry

    bl, Dec 21, 2003

  2. I'm running an XP2400+ 266Mhz FSB Thoroughbred core CPU on mine (K7T266
    Pro2-RU). Had to remove capacitor C37 to make it work with 266MHz FSB
    T'bred CPU's. Also updated BIOS to version 3.7 to properly identify CPU's
    above XP2100+ during POST.

    Homer J Simpson, Dec 23, 2003

  3. bl a écrit :
    Well, socket A Athlons are all of the same size, package-wise, and you
    would have difficulties fitting a larger processor on the socket. :)

    Jokes aside, the fastest officially supported processor is the Palomino
    Athlon XP 2100+. Unofficially and thus voiding warranty you can fit
    Thouroughbred (not sure of the spelling) Athlon XPs with a hack on a
    condenser on the motherboard.

    Chong Woo Paig, Dec 23, 2003
  4. bl

    Me Guest

    Which revision of the K7T266 Pro do you have?
    I had a K7T266 Pro2-A and had a XP2000+ on it. As I recall it would have
    gone higher. I'm currently running a K7T266 Pro2-U with a 266 FSB
    XP2600+. Runs great.

    (Note: If you order a XP2600+ for that board, make SURE it's the 266FSB
    version. Most of the XP2600+ chips are 333 FSB. The 266FSB version seems
    to be somewhat rare.)

    Me, Jan 5, 2004