K7T266 Pro2 without CPU fan

Discussion in 'MSI' started by SomeOne, Jul 31, 2004.

  1. SomeOne

    SomeOne Guest

    Hi,

    I have a PC that is fitted with an MSI K7T266 Pro2 motherboard. Today I
    finished installing an Asetek Waterchill CPU cooler. When I booted up the
    system again, the BIOS complained that the CPU fan was not running (Duh!!) and
    suggested to shutdown.

    Although I get the option to boot anyway, the message is
    annoying. So, I want to get rid of this. I searched throught the BIOS options
    but couldn't find one that lets me override this check.

    I connected the case fan (which also has a speedindication-wire) to the CPU fan
    connector. (The case fan runs at 2300rpm, the CPU fan used to run at around
    4600rpm). Still the BIOS tells me there is no fan connected...
    I checked with Motherboard Monitor MBM 5.3.7.0 and it detects the case fan
    (and reports it's speed) now connected to the CPU connector on the motherboard.

    So, I think its odd that the BIOS tells me there is no fan connected. I could
    connect
    the CPU fan and leave it hanging in the case, but I don't think that is an
    option.

    Anyway, if anyone can suggest an easy way to repair this please let me know.

    --
    Maurice

    Quote of the minute:
    If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on
    the headlights?

    SomeOne, Jul 31, 2004

  2. SomeOne

    Dave Guest

    How many times you going to ask this

    Dave, Jul 31, 2004

  3. SomeOne

    rstlne Guest

    I only see 1 instance of it on my news server ..
    your isp's server is making duplicate post me guesses (or mine isnt showing
    all of his post)
    besides.. it'd be nearly just as easy to say

    "turn off the rpm sensor in the bios"

    rstlne, Aug 2, 2004