K7VM333 and Sil3112 SATA Controller

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Matt Thomas, Aug 18, 2005.

  1. Matt Thomas

    Matt Thomas Guest

    Hi,

    I'm having an issue using a Sil3112 based RAID (0 or 1) SATA controller
    with my K7VM333. The Sil3112 is a 4 port (2 external, 2 interal) 2
    usable SATA controller. The actual brand is BusLink. My setup is 2
    Western Digital 80GB drives....sorry no model.

    My problem is that I cannot write to the primary port on the
    controller. The BIOS on both the motherboard and controller will
    detect the drive, but if I try to do a low level format it fails. I
    also tried using WD's Data Lifeguard tools and got a "cable error".

    I have ruled out both a failed cable and failed hard drive. I also
    reseated the card and tried a PCI slot known to work. I'm pretty much
    stuck now. Any help would be appreciated.

    One more thing. Does anyone know of a known good controller for my
    motherboard?

    --
    Matt

    Matt Thomas, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Matt Thomas

    Matt Thomas Guest

    Update,

    Bought a HighPoint RocketRaid 1520. Works like a charm.

    --
    Matt

    Matt Thomas, Aug 26, 2005