K7VME soyo rebooting problem on scrolling..interesting!

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by ari.gajraj, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. ari.gajraj

    ari.gajraj Guest

    Hello,

    I have a Soyo K7VME board runnign XP Pro SP2 that reboots randomly. It
    did not used to do this, this happened either on installation of a
    fancy audio card (aardvark Q10) or new monitor drivers.

    I can duplicate the reboot everytime by scrolling a folder with
    pictures thumbnail enabled.

    I have to no avail
    1. swapped the RAM
    2. installed a new video card
    3. reinstalled XP

    Also I have booted off the hard drive in another computer and this
    works without crashing.

    I can play audio files, open tons of windows, defrag the drive,
    unzip/zip big files and it does not crash.

    It cannot be a mobo shorting issue because its easily triggered by the
    scrolling. Its not a CPU heating issue as temperatures are failry
    stable, high (62 C) but stable.

    ANY ideas will be gratefully appreciated.

    thanks
    aro
    It has to be

    ari.gajraj, Apr 18, 2005