    higher? The bus speed on the 2400+ is the same so I am just wondering if
    anyone has experiance with this. Thanks 4 the help!

    Kevin

    John Jacobs, Jul 13, 2003

  2. John Jacobs

    CyberCFO Guest

    Get yourself a 1700+ TbredB for $50 from newegg and clock it at 133x12.5
    Best bang for the buck money can buy. Works like a champ on that board
    here, even in a warm room.

    CyberCFO, Jul 13, 2003

  3. John Jacobs

    CP Guest

    I have had K7VTA Pro for over a year now. Started with a 1.3Ghz Duron..then
    went to 2000+ Athlon XP. NEVER the first hint of ANY problems. Soyo's
    site says you can go to 2100+ but have not tried it...so can't say. I have
    the original issue board...again, according to Soyo, if you have the V.1 (I
    believe) you can go higher....issues with the voltage I believe. CP

    CP, Jul 14, 2003
  4. John Jacobs

    John Jacobs Guest

    does this memory/unstable pronlem happen just on the 1700+ or the 2100 also?
    thanks

    John Jacobs, Jul 14, 2003
  5. John Jacobs

    CP Guest

    IAlso, I have not experience this memory problem you mention. BTW...you can
    now buy a 2000+ Athlon XP for about $64 now...so no real need to overclock.
    CP

    CP, Jul 14, 2003
  6. John Jacobs

    Frank Hagan Guest

    Dennis Roark wrote:

    "I recently made exactly this upgrade: 1700+ Tbred in the K7VTA Pro. The
    chip is fast, but there is a problem with running more than one stick of
    memory on the board that did not exist with the 900 Duron I had on it
    before. The board becomes unstable whenever more than 1 stick is used.
    Further, a norton util diagnostic for memory fails if more than 1 stick
    is installed, even though the individual sticks, one at a time in any of
    the slots, pass the diagnostic. I want to run with more than 256 Mb so
    had a choice of purchasing a single 512 Mb stick to run stably or
    purchase a motherboard upgrade. A new Shuttle AK32E from NewEgg was
    $52, while the 512 SDRAM was $60. I went with the Shuttle and will be
    able to put my two 256 Mb SDRAM in it. The Shuttle is supposed to be a
    very stable board and one that will let me move to DDR memory (takes
    either, but not same time.) I understand that not all Soyo K7VTAPro's
    have this problem at 133 FSB, perhaps you will luck out. But if you
    find random crashes ..."

    Never fear! I've run 2 x 512MB PC133 while running an XP1600 Palomino O/C'ed
    to XP1700 speed. I've since pulled one stick and am just running one stick
    of 512MB Corsair Value Select PC133. It's an "old" K7VTA Pro (non v1.0), but
    it's been rock solid and I'm using Win98SE ;-) It's my "test" computer I try
    out things and if they work I try it on my KT400 DUB. I just replaced the
    ASIII with Ceramique a week or so ago. So far no difference. Of course
    that's good! Ceramique is cheaper :)

    FRH

    Frank Hagan, Jul 14, 2003
  7. John Jacobs

    CyberCFO Guest

    COuld be memory that cannot do 133fsb. The duron runs at 100fsb and the
    AthlonXP at 133. Are you sure your memory is PC133? I have 512MB here in
    three sticks and it is very stable.

    CyberCFO, Jul 14, 2003
  8. John Jacobs

    John Jacobs Guest

    How much memory do you have? I do 3d modeling and it takes lots of memory.
    so I want to upgrade to a 512 and 256(both pc133) any one have problems
    with this much??

    Kevin

    John Jacobs, Jul 14, 2003
  9. John Jacobs

    Kevin D Guest

    I run 768MB (256MB x 3) in two different K7VTA Pros: one with a mildly
    overclocked XP1800+ (1.55GHz with Win XP Pro) and one with a T-Bird 1400
    at 1466 with Win98SE. No problems with either.
    Kevin

    Kevin D, Jul 15, 2003
  10. Sorry, I misread the previous Post, I have the 1st version of the Dragon (not the "+") (KY-K7V) :eek:(

    --

    Rick (The Other One) ©
    http://home.earthlink.net/~sirrick/

    --

[...]

    Starting Points:
    www.home.earthlink.net/~denro

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Sir_Rick_\=28Tucson\=29_=A9?=, Jul 25, 2003