    Anybody an idea what is wrong? Might something be damaged on the Mobo?

    thanks

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Paul

    Shep© Guest

    On 26 Sep 2003 14:00:41 -0700, In this world we created
    Pull power cord and clear CMOS.There may be corrupt data in the BIOS
    and you cannot fully clear the CMOS with power to the board.
    HTH :0

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in jmx to reply :)

    Shep©, Sep 26, 2003

  3. ----- Original Message -----
    Paul, Anja Iris en Tessa, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Paul

    Axi0n Guest

    Try removing the battery, and also the mobo power connector from the PSU..
    short the bios reset jumpers and let sit for awhile....

    Maybe something odd is happening like settings being detected wrong and the
    bios on init is resetting to default and wrong values for your setup due to
    some other problem...

    After awhile reconnect everything and see whether it works.. for some reason
    on occasion I have had to pull the mobo power lead because there seems to
    sometimes be residual power fed to the mobo despite being removed from AC,
    the battery removed, etc...

    Ax.

    Axi0n, Sep 27, 2003
  5. Paul

    Shep© Guest

    I would suspect a bad CMOS battery or bad contacts.
    Also see the FAQS(Unofficial Guide) on here,
    http://pub140.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm5

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in jmx to reply :)

    Shep©, Sep 28, 2003
  6. I tried that, didn't help unfortunately. Do I also have to worry that the PS
    is not switched off properly?

    thanks
    Paul

    Paul, Anja Iris en Tessa, Sep 28, 2003
  7. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Solved the problem by swapping the PSU with that of my older computer.
    The older works fine with this PSU. Don't know how, but it is solved.

    thankx

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 3, 2003
  8. Paul