    RS

    PS, I also posted this in the alt.homebuilt NG, hope no-one minds TOO
    much...

    Rusty, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    I'd also like to add that on occasion, at boot up, the machine doesn't even
    post, I have to re-boot. After 2 or 3 times, it boots normally. Bothersome,
    eh?

    RS

    Rusty, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Rusty

    Mr. Slow Guest

    I hate to say this Rusty but I had exactly your problem and it took me
    almost a year on and off to solve it. I was running a very similar system to
    yours and it always locked up. I tried replacing virtually every component,
    driver and BIOS without success. In the end, I gave up and bought a K7S5A
    board and rebuilt the machine with all the same components. Guess what? The
    same thing happened! I began to suspect the PSU, a supposedly high quality
    350w Antec. I replaced the power supply with a Q TEC 550w and the problems
    were immediately solved. I have since rebuilt the K7VZA machine and it is
    running faultlessly. So my advice is to try a big PSU and I mean big! Good
    luck!

    Mr. Slow, Sep 25, 2003