    I'd also appreciate hearing about any other cpu cooler
    brands/models that would fit on my system that are really
    quiet. Thanks!

    Swingman, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Let me tell you about a well kept secret on HSU. I just bought a Kingwin
    (model KCU-7025). Its a all copper heatsink with a larger 90mmx90mm
    fan on it. Its not a massive tall heatsink (roughly 2.75" tall from base
    to top of fan) Its not some big name heat sink mfg but just a cheap
    clone of other copper coolers. What is best about it is its price. I
    payed 14.95 for it!! My temps on my 2400sempron (AMD) went from 43C
    (@1666fzb) to 31C (and thats overclocked now to 2600 speed (1776fsb)). I
    bought it locally but you can also find them online even cheaper. Do a
    good search on the model # and you should find very favorable reviews
    and cheap prices).The quiteness of this fan is low, It doesnt sound like
    one of those vacum cleaner fans!! I can hear it but just barely.

    Hope this helps you

    Robert in Mesquite

    Robert Jordan, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Look for heatsinks that are 3200+ compatible, because your 1.2 produces as
    much heat as a 3200+ As for physical fit, with socket A, they are more or
    less the same, so any heat sink will fit. I would be more concerned in
    which heatsink removes heat the best myself. Fortuntely, most will suit
    your purpose.

    Swingman () wrote:
    : Friends,
    : I want to replace my generic cpu cooler for something
    : quieter. I've been looking at the Zalman CNPS7000B, but the
    : K7VZA (Athlon Thunderbird 1.2gig) is not listed on the
    : motherboard compatibility list at www.ZalmanUSA.com. I
    : wonder if it would fit?

    Brian Campbell, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Swingman

    Big Jerk Guest

    I found an old Athlon 1333 in my parts bin.
    I used it to upgrade a relatives K7S5A that
    was running a Duron 800.
    Damn this old 1333 runs really hot.
    It's very stable, but runs at 58C

    Big Jerk, Jan 3, 2005