K7VZA Rev 1.0 beep code

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Trac3R, Mar 4, 2008.

  1. Trac3R

    Trac3R Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a strange problem with the mentioned mainboard. It gives me a
    endless loop of 1s beeps and 3s of pause between them.

    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

    says, that this must be related to the memory. I use a SD-RAM DIMM
    that worked fine with a mainboard identical in construction and tried
    all 3 slots (by the way: CPU and graphics work, as well). The board
    was also ok 6 months ago. I can't believe that it should be done by
    now.

    Are there other possibilities what can be wrong with it? I removed
    that board only temporary because of some damaged electrolytic
    capacitors that I had to replace. As I said, after that it worked
    still fine.

    Any suggestions for me? Please help me with this.

    Regards

    Trac3R, Mar 4, 2008

  2. Trac3R

    Stoefiestoefsu