    my tried and true ver34 bios with the new chip?

    thanks all

    RS

    Rusty, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Rusty

    Mr. Slow Guest

    consider why your upgrade does not work. Check two things......

    Memory - do you have PC133 memory? If not, this may be your problem, PC100
    memory may not run at 133mhz. And you changed the FSB jumper to 133mhz?

    Power supply - You have a decent PSU? Go to the AMD web site to establish
    power requirements for your system and compare them with the rail currents
    printed on the side of your PSU.

    Mr. Slow, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    Hi.Thanks for the advice. I am indeed running pc133 memory (one stick
    Kingston 512). I believe you are correct in that my power supply is the
    culprit here. The whole machine seems to be "struggling" now with my basic
    300w supply.

    Thanks again for the advice.

    RS

    Rusty, Sep 21, 2003
  4. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    Just installed an Enermax EG365P 350w power supply into the machine. All
    issues are now taken care of, thanks for the advice.

    RS

    Rusty, Sep 21, 2003
  5. Rusty

    Mr. Slow Guest

    #
    You are welcome Rusty. I've been there and done that! My Q TEC 550w PSU
    solved all my problems with my K7VZA

    MS

    Mr. Slow, Sep 21, 2003