    problem.
    Anyone else run into this and found a solution?

    Rich

    Dick, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Dick

    Bryan Hoover Guest

    In addition to all chipset, board drivers, are you sure everything
    connected to the board has an up to date, Win2k Pro driver?

    Bryan

    Bryan Hoover, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Dick

    Dick Guest

    Found the solution - it was a power management driver. Found the right
    driver on AMD's website

    Dick, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Dick

    charles Guest

    I am having the same problem. Would you post the link to that driver
    please?

    Thanks.

    charles, Feb 26, 2005
  5. Dick

    charles Guest

    Well I found and installed it and it resolves the problem with the
    device. Any idea what the device is supposed to do?

    charles, Feb 26, 2005
  6. Dick

    Bryan Hoover Guest

    AFAIK, it's, uhm, power management. The "green" stuff -- hibernate,
    standby, and like that. FAIK I figure anyway.

    Bryan

    Bryan Hoover, Feb 27, 2005
  7. Dick

    charles Guest

    Thanks that's about what I figured too. Doesn't seem to be any effect
    here (S2466) with it on or off that I can see anyway.

    charles, Feb 28, 2005
  8. Dick

    Bryan Hoover Guest

    There are also options in the bios (s2462 anyway). I assume OS
    environment software takes precedence -- in Windows there are options
    from the Power button on the Screen Saver tab of Display Properties.

    The various modes, on wake up, lock up my system -- I assume I have one
    or more expansion cards that are not conforming to the standard.

    Bryan

    Bryan Hoover, Feb 28, 2005
  9. Dick

    charles Guest

    Option settings haven't had any noticeable effect at all on my S2466. I
    had been hoping that I'd get this windows2000 machine to power down on
    exit which I never did get to work when it was on a S2460.

    charles, Mar 1, 2005