    I've been having some videocard problems, and I figured it would help if I
    at least knew what the proper BIOS configuration settings are.

    All help is greatly appreciated.

    Lukas Mariman, Jul 21, 2005

  2. Yeah MSI really skimped on the manual.

    Only thing I can tell you is to turn off AGP fast write since it's a
    via based board.

    KnightCrawler, Jul 30, 2005

  3. Thanks for the feedback!

    I turned it off, along with a couple of other things in the BIOS...

    I got my system to work without crashing while playing games. I have no idea
    what went wrong in the first place though... As I said, I turned off some
    BIOS options that seemed unnecessary, and I reinstalled Windows; I also
    installed the original drivers both for the motherboard and for the video
    card.

    So what exactly went wrong? I have no idea. For now, I'm just so glad the PC
    just *works*... :)

    Lukas Mariman, Jul 31, 2005
  4. Sometimes one setting in the BIOS can cause havoc on a machine. I was
    troubleshooting a friends computer and when you disabled the Asus
    Bootsceen Logo the computer would become completely unstable. Can't
    figure how that one setting could cause so much trouble but it did.
    Anyways he can live with seeing the Asus logo at every bootup.

    KnightCrawler, Aug 1, 2005
  5. I see!

    On my system I turned off "Spread Spectrum" and "Wake on MPME", FWIW. I
    wonder if the former wasn't the actual culprit in my case...

    Lukas Mariman, Aug 4, 2005