K8N, K8N-E, K8N-E, Deluxe overclock Sempron 2800?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by myPC, May 25, 2006.

  1. myPC

    myPC Guest

    Hello:

    I'm a little bit confused about overclocking a Socket 754 Sempron 2800+
    64bit. I'm upgrading from an ASUS A7N8X-X with a Sempron 2400+ ( which I
    had running at 2Ghz ).

    The first question is which motherboard should I get? Someone suggested to
    me at get an NForce3 250. Please note that I need a board which also has an
    AGP slot...since I do not wish to upgrade to PCI-E at this time. So, I
    found the K8N, K8N-E and the K8N-E Deluxe boards. If you have any better
    boards to recommend, please do so.

    From the reviews, overclocking to 225FSB is only possible? Other overclocks
    suggest 325FSB?

    So, what's the best overclock I can expect from the above listed boards with
    the Sempron 2800+ 64bit or the Sempron 3100+ 64bit?

    Also, I will be using 768MB Crucial PC3200 400Mhz CL3 DDR memory

    TIA
    Chris.

    myPC, May 25, 2006