K8N Neo 4 bluescreens on start and reboot

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Marco Thorek, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. Marco Thorek

    Marco Thorek Guest

    Hello Newsgroup,

    I recently set up my new system:

    Athlon 64 3500+
    K8N Neo4 Platinum
    2x 256MB Samsung DDR333
    Radeon X850XT
    2x Seagate Barracuda 120GB IDE
    Plexwriter 24/10/40A
    NuTech DDW-082
    550W LC Power PSU
    MS Windows XP Pro

    The memory came over from my old machine, as it is hard to get SS 256MB
    DDR400 clips at the moment.

    Everything on the system installed fine, but occasionally when I start
    the machine or do a reboot Win goes to a BSOD with a stop code and
    starts booting again, which results in it asking me if I want to do a
    boot into safemode. Problem is I cant even read the BSOD, as it is gone
    too fast. Once the system IS running, everything is fine, no matter if
    applications or games.

    At first I thought it would be the memory, because I had checked and
    noticed that on AUTO setting the BIOS timed it to 200MHz. But lowering
    that to the correct 166MHz made no difference.

    Updated BIOS version to 1.2 (3/1/2005) and Nforce drivers to 6.53.

    Help would be much appreciated. This is driving me crazy.

    Thanks!

    Marco

    Marco Thorek, Apr 11, 2005