    K8N Neo-FSR, from its spec I assume it is the same, apart from only 2
    rather than 3 Ram slots?

    Thanks

    dab49873, Mar 18, 2006

  2. dab49873

    Folk Guest

    There's very little difference between the two boards. Both have 3
    DIMM slots (single channel). I think the FSR was the budget version
    and the Platinum was the enthusiast version. Both are Socket 754.

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=572

    http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8N_Neo-FSR

    Folk, Mar 19, 2006

  3. dab49873

    Derek Baker Guest

    Derek Baker, Mar 19, 2006
  4. Be careful wih the FSR v2.0 which is not the same board at all and is often
    sold as a FSR. One runs a NForce 3 250, the other a NForce3 250Gb (including
    a chipset integrated Nvidia hardware Gbit ethernet controller). Also, the
    FSR has 3 DIMMs slots, although the FSR v2.0 has only 2... Subtle
    differences that explains prices betwwen those apparently similar boards...

    best regards

    -= J.A.N.U.S =-, Mar 22, 2006