K8N Neo Platinum: What software to install for Network Access Manager access? (WinXP)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Don Reese, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. Don Reese

    Don Reese Guest

    Hello,

    I have a K8N Neo Platinum which is running great, except for a small
    quirk with an online game I play, Dark Age of Camelot.

    I've seen my problem posted about and a solution posted on a web
    forum, and the solution requires accessing the Web-based Network
    Access Manger. When I try this from the Hardware Manager (network
    card) in WinXP Home it says I must install this, but when I say I
    want to it says it can not find the setup.exe.

    Fine, I'll download it or install it from CD if I can find out exactly
    what program it is. I've searched for Forceware on the nvidia and MSI
    sites with little luck. The nVidia site leads to what seems to be just
    graphic drivers, and having a Radeon 9800 Pro I don't feel like
    messing with that until I'm sure I've got the right program.

    I appreciate any help anyone can provide with finding this program.

    Thank you.

    Don

    Don Reese, Sep 1, 2004

  2. Don Reese

    Guest Guest

    The firewall software is on the MSI K8N install disc and it is also included
    in the driver package if you downloaded it from the MSI webpage or nVidia
    webpage. I don't have my K8N Neo install cd handy so I can't tell you the
    actual diretory path. Anyhow look in the directory for the WinXP nforce3
    drivers and there will be a subdirectory called "Firewall". This is the
    directory when i extracted the drive package from the MSI webpage....

    ....\NF3_CK8S\Win2K-XP\Firewall

    The setup file will be in there.

    Oh yea... on the NVidia webpage for downloading drivers. You need to
    select "Platform/NForce Drivers >>> Unified Driver >>> WinXP". That will
    lead you to the nvidia nforce shipset drivers.

    Here's a good web forum for the K8N

    MSI User Community Forum
    http://msihq.designlab.info/board.php?boardid=28&sid=

    Guest, Sep 4, 2004