    Anyone any ideas why I am getting this message? It even happens when I plug
    in a usb flash drive.

    Beemer

    Beemer, Jan 10, 2007

  2. Beemer

    Shinnokxz Guest

    Check your BIOS to see if you're USB devices are set at 1.1 or 2.0.

    Shinnokxz, Jan 10, 2007

  3. Beemer

    Clyde White Guest

    Check to see if there is a wire running from your Front USB ports to
    the #10 slot of your USB block which connects to the motherboard
    header.

    USB connector block layout which corresponds to the pin layout on
    boards with the Intel spec for USB. Do not cut the pin on the MOBO.
    You are removing/cutting the wire to the connector block from the
    case.
    2 4 6 8 10(this wire, #10, not needed)
    1 3 5 7 9(filled/key)

    If you find a wire leading to the #10 spot on the block, remove that
    wire. My block has tabs so that you can pull the wire out, or you
    could snip/cut the wire leading to that position--if you cut the wire,
    be careful to cut the correct one and cut it in such a way that it may
    be repaired if you make a mistake. Make sure you wrap the wire, the
    exposed end/s, you remove/cut with electrical tape so as not to
    accidentally cause a short. I actually folded the wire back and
    wrapped it.

    2 posts to
    http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?threadid=54926&hilightuser=42305 and
    http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?threadid=57472&hilightuser=42305

    This seems to be a common issue involving many different case
    manufacturers. I don't know how it applies to other MOBO
    manufacturers, but in these forums it is not limited to a specific MSI
    model or supported chipset(Intel or AMD)

    ..

    Clyde White, Jan 30, 2007
  4. Beemer

    dude Guest

[...]

    2 posts to look at on the MSI forums

    dude, Jan 30, 2007
  5. Beemer

    lkboop Guest

    Yes but are your drivers for the USB port 2.0--Go to Control
    Panel--System--Hardware--Device Manager--USB System Manager.

    When you open USB Manager you should/must see USB 2.0 Enhanced Host
    Controller along with the actual USB ports. If you don't that's your
    problem.

    Good Luck

    lkboop, Feb 6, 2007