    I see some people saying they use the nForce4 package 6.70. Is it really
    possible? Are they usable on a nForce 3 250 Ultra chipset?

    I'm kind of lost..

    wally, Feb 1, 2006

  2. wally

    DaveL Guest

    I've seen this problem too. I think it has to do with the brand of hard
    drive used. I'm thinking Maxtor drives don't work well with the Nvidia ide
    driver. On the systems that experienced the problem I simply switched back
    to the MS driver that comes with windows (from safe mode) and all was well.
    I does seem odd that the driver install utility has that window that pops up
    with something to the effect of "Do you really want to load the IDE
    driver?". They know there are compatibility issues.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Feb 1, 2006