K8N Neo4 Platinum power on/off problem

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Jens G, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. Jens G

    Jens G Guest

    Hi all.

    I just got a K8N Neo4 Platinum, and have a problem with switching it
    on and off.

    When I switch on the mains to the PC PS(before turning the PC on), the
    fans start turning, and I hear disks spinning up. The PC power LED is
    off, but the HD LED is on. There is no picture on the monitor.

    If I then switch the PC on, it boots normal, power LED is on, and the
    HD LED is normal. The PC is working absolutely normal.

    But when I power it down again, the fans remain on, power LED off, HD
    LED on. And I can't switch the PC on again, till I have toggled the
    mains supply.

    I have tried measuring what comes on the power connector. It looks
    like there is still 12V when the PC is supposed to be switched off.
    Don't know if that is right.
    There is also 5VSB and PWR OK, but I think they are supposed to be
    there.

    I hope I have been able to explain the problem in understandable
    english

    Jens G, Feb 24, 2005

    Do you have a USB-Hub with own Powersupply?

    Manfred Bathen, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Jens G

    Jens G Guest

    Yes I do, but is wasn't connected.

    When I install a new mainboard, I always start up with only CPU,
    memory, videocard, floppy drive, CD-drive and harddisk.

    Jens G, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Manfred Bathen, Mar 1, 2005
  5. Jens G

    Jens G Guest

    I didn't know that site. Thanks for the link.

    I tried a search there, but didn't find anything that looked like my
    problem. But then again, my german is far from perfect, so I could
    have missed something.

    Jens G, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Am Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:11:56 +0100 schrieb Jens G:
    Sorry, my first idea reading "Jens" was, he is a german boy.
    so try this
    http://forum.msi.com.tw/

    Manfred Bathen, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Jens G

    Jens G Guest

    You er right Manfred, Jens could be german. But in my case it's
    danish.
    I will try to ask the question in the MSI forum, and see if anybody
    has a solution. Mut by now I think it's the motherboard.

    Jens G, Mar 1, 2005
  8. Am Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:03:08 +0100 schrieb Jens G:
    Good Luck.
    Back to MSI with it. When I read the first reviews of the Neo4's I
    decided to delay my "must have". I'll wait for the next revision. But my
    next board will be MSI. Asus never again!

    HAND

    Manfred Bathen, Mar 1, 2005
  9. Jens G

    joe~V~3838 Guest

    What about the DFI N4 ultra mb?
    looks real good......

    http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pr....jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3471&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US

    many reviewers have given this board high honors...
    I agree that the Msi n4 ultra is also excellent mb....

    joe~V~3838, Mar 2, 2005
  10. Jens G

    Jens G Guest

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:08:02 +0100, Manfred Bathen

    [...]
    It was the motherboard. I have verified it with a new board today.

    Jens G, Mar 2, 2005