    Can somebody helps?

    Thanks

    , Jun 22, 2007

  2. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > I can not get it to work. Each time that I connect a USB 2.0 device XP
    > indicates that the device will be performance better in a 2.0
    > connection.
    >
    > Can somebody helps?
    >
    > Thanks

    Look for an "Enhanced" entry in the USB system devices in
    Device Manager. That means USB2 has been enabled and you can
    check it and see a driver loaded for it. The driver is build
    into Windows (like WinXP SP1 or SP2).

    http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm

    This procedure, removes the Device Manager USB entries, and
    after a reboot, Windows rediscovers all the USB devices again.

    http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Cleanup Device Manager Safe Mode.htm

    It is also possible for the problem to be caused by the USB cable used.
    There are cables which are USB 1.1 only (typically used with keyboards
    or other low data rate devices). In that case, the OS will try to use
    USB2, get lots of CRC errors and communication problems, then revert
    back to USB 1.1. And then you see the message that things could be
    faster. A better quality cable might be all that is needed.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 23, 2007

  3. Jack Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I can not get it to work. Each time that I connect a USB 2.0 device XP
    > indicates that the device will be performance better in a 2.0
    > connection.
    >
    > Can somebody helps?
    >
    > Thanks

    See if this is the problem: