    | ICQ: 56785153 | Unconventional. |
    +---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
    "Anything too stupid to be said is sung." -- Voltaire

    Todd Clayton, Jun 8, 2006

  2. Todd Clayton

    Venom Guest

    The thought of blowing $15 and fitting a floppy drive hasn't crossed your
    mind?

    Venom, Jun 9, 2006

  3. Todd Clayton

    * * Chas Guest

    Yes, even if only temporarily connected just for doing the BIOS update.
    There is NO WAY I would trust doing an upgrade from Windows!

    Replacement BIOS chips are only about $25.00 USD but changing them when
    they've been hosed from a bad flash is a real hassle.

    Chas.

    * * Chas, Jun 9, 2006
  4. Google for how to make a bootable CD and/or bootable USB memory????????
    The BIOS file for AFUDOS doesn't have to be on A: as long as you supply the
    full pathname for it...

    --
    Tumppi
    =================================

    Thomas Wendell, Jun 9, 2006
  5. Todd Clayton

    Venom Guest

    Do you flash your bios in this manner or is this just your suggestion of
    what the OP should do?

    Venom, Jun 9, 2006
  6. Todd Clayton

    Todd Clayton Guest

    I have floppy drives here. But to be honest I trust them less than I do
    flashing from Windows.

    Looks like a Bootable CD it is.

    --
    +---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
    | Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |

    Todd Clayton, Jun 9, 2006
  7. Todd Clayton

    Todd Clayton Guest

    I do it regularly on my A8N-E, and it's quite safe. But as I said in the
    original, it's not recommended on the K8N so I don't trust it there.

    --
    +---------------------------------+--------------------------------+

    Todd Clayton, Jun 9, 2006
  8. Todd Clayton

    Todd Clayton Guest

    Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

    --
    +---------------------------------+--------------------------------+

    Todd Clayton, Jun 9, 2006
  9. So far I've only done it from floppy, it's just a WAG...

    --
    Tumppi

    Thomas Wendell, Jun 9, 2006
  10. Todd Clayton

    NBK Guest

    Hi Todd,

    Try the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
    ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp27001-27500/SP27213.exe

    HTH,
    NBK

    NBK, Jun 9, 2006