K8NGM2-FID - Power-On by keyboard and LAN not working - no 5V standby power???

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Rick, May 21, 2006.

  1. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Hi,

    I have two of K8NGM2-FID boards, both show the same issue of not being
    able to power up from keyboard or LAN (it's WOL that I really need).

    Has anyone got this working?

    I've set up loads of other boards to WOL, and I've activated the
    feature in the BIOS, and tried different PSU's. It makes no
    difference.

    It seems that there is no 5V standby power when the machine is shut
    down (properly, through Windows, not a hard power cycle). The LAN
    socket lights are completely off - usually they stay on on other
    boards.

    My remote control software (Remote Anything) complains that the MAC
    address can't be found when the boards are powered down, confining
    that the LAN interface on them is not active.

    Please help!

    Rick.

    Rick, May 21, 2006